Ezra Taft Benson -

As a watchman on the tower, I feel to warn you that one of the chief means of misleading our youth and destroying the family unit is our educational institutions. President Joseph F. Smith referred to false educational ideas as one of the three threatening dangers among our Church members.

Monday, June 7, 2010

A new Era



Wow! Time has flown by the past 14 years. First steps, first words, first friend, first fight, first day of public school, first day of homeschooling, first dance class, first cheer team, first gymnastics meet, first swim lesson, first swim meet, first time on the computer, first typing lesson, first blog, first time on Facebook, first time learning to clean her room, first babysitting job, and now FIRST PART-TIME JOB.

Shelby got her first part-time job this week. She went in and filled out her first application, had her first interview, and worked her first day and loved it. I wish I had pictures of her face at each step like I did when she was younger and did all those FIRSTS. She is to old to pull out the camera at every step now. I love to document the milestones. The come and go so quickly. I want to be careful to enjoy everyone.

Good luck Shelby. This lifelong love of working hard and doing well will serve you well in life. I'm so proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. awww shoot!!! i am listening to this song and reading your blog and crying my eyes out!!! whatdya do that for?? :)

    there are so many firsts.

    next: first date. first kiss. first love. first baby.

    it all goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete

viewers