Ezra Taft Benson -

As a watchman on the tower, I feel to warn you that one of the chief means of misleading our youth and destroying the family unit is our educational institutions. President Joseph F. Smith referred to false educational ideas as one of the three threatening dangers among our Church members.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing


Friday I took the kids to Utah Valley University (UVU) to see Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". I knew my 13 yr old would enjoy it. But wasn't sure about the other two. My 11 year old went down to Cedar City for the Shakespeare festival and came back wanting to take a Shakespeare class next year. So this would be a good time to see if she was still interested. HeHe.

The actors/actresses did a wonderful job. We laughed so hard at Benedict and Beatrice. All three kids had their favorite parts. There was a study guide given out at Intermission. My 9 year old loved the page with Shakespearean insults. Later that weekend he and his sister sat in the back seat of the van and showed dad how it is done. LOL.

From now on I'm not going to be afraid to do things, or wonder if they will enjoy it. Life is learning, and you learn from all the experiences you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

viewers