Ezra Taft Benson -

As a watchman on the tower, I feel to warn you that one of the chief means of misleading our youth and destroying the family unit is our educational institutions. President Joseph F. Smith referred to false educational ideas as one of the three threatening dangers among our Church members.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Tis the season

I love Christmas. I love shopping, I love decorating, I love wrapping, I love the music, I love the stories, I love it all.

I was blessed this year to get tickets to see the Christmas Devotional in Salt Lake City this year. I have tried for 3 years with no luck. I know you can see it televised. But I have always wanted to go. It was so worth it. The kids really took everything in. And after we walked on Temple Square and enjoyed the nativity scene and the beautiful lights.

The words spoken by the kids is what was priceless to me. I have seen the lights. I have been in the Conference Center. But to hear Shelby say.."I'm gonna pay more attention to Conference now that I have been here. It will seem more real and meaningful". Or have Taylor and Ricky so excited to get their picture taken in front of the SLC temple and the lights. Priceless. Or having Ricky ask me why the Shepherds are important in the Christmas story and seeing this wonderful scene and telling him on Temple Square..Priceless.

Christmas is the same way. I know who santa is. I have read the story of the Savior's birth many times. I get you a gift...you get me one. But to see the excitement in a child's eye is Priceless.

Some say Christmas is to commercial and don't want to participate. Bah Hum Bug! But I know the effort you put into getting a present for that special someone makes them feel loved. That you took the time to make, buy, or share something with them, makes them feel loved and cared about.

The Christmas spirit is sharing Christ's love with others. A dozen cookies to your neighbor you generally just wave to, a Christmas card to cousins and uncles you rarely see, taking the time to find exactly what you daughter and mother wanted this year, doing you visiting teaching for the first time this year, all show people around you that you love them. That the world would be empty without them. I know how special I feel when someone goes out of their way and does any of these things. I feel special. I feel Christ's love.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...thank you...i needed to read this today! lifted me right up! it is all about love. pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete

viewers