Ezra Taft Benson -

As a watchman on the tower, I feel to warn you that one of the chief means of misleading our youth and destroying the family unit is our educational institutions. President Joseph F. Smith referred to false educational ideas as one of the three threatening dangers among our Church members.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Her first dance is Prom!


A great family here in Utah County have been putting a Homeschool Prom on for the past 10 years. Shelby has anticipated going ever since we moved here and heard about it. This year it was scheduled just before she turned 14. We decided to let her go since she is in 9th grade and all her peers were going. Rules are good...but there are exceptions to everyones story and life. Some might not be ready to go until 15. wink

It was her first dance. Her and her friends went to a salon and got their hair done together. It was great fun! And the excitement built. It was really hard to find a modest dress. Even here in Happy Valley. The dresses either had no sleeves or they were cut to low. Believe it or not I found her dress on Ebay. The seller had the measurements and it fit like it was made for her!

She went in and quickly found friends to hang out with. I thought about staying but decided not to. When I picked her up the first thing she said was "5 guys asked me to dance". I was so glad to hear she had a great time. Later when the story was told detail after detail it was revealed that she danced with the 5 guys more than once. Such great memories of her first dance. I wish I had stayed to take pictures. NEXT TIME!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so beautiful! The dress is perfect and I love her hair! I think getting ready for a formal is as much fun as the actual dance. I'm glad she had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

viewers