Ezra Taft Benson -

As a watchman on the tower, I feel to warn you that one of the chief means of misleading our youth and destroying the family unit is our educational institutions. President Joseph F. Smith referred to false educational ideas as one of the three threatening dangers among our Church members.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time flies when you're havin' fun!


Wow! Summer time is coming to an end fast. We have had some great adventures. Besides the hikes, the trips to the pool, the road trips to Moab and Bryce, the swimming meets, the softball and baseball games, I really enjoyed the great conversation and lessons learned. REALLY!

I saw how much my kids had grown up since last summer. Shelby is taller than I am now. Taylor has grown so much I call her Shelby because in my head Shelby is still that size. Ricky went from my little man, to a big boy. He is almost to heavy to sit in my lap in the mornings for our morning hugs.

"Jane! Stop this crazy thing...called life". (Love that quote)

Raising these beauties I have learned so much about myself. One of my great revelations in life came from teaching my kids. Is what you THINK you believe and hold dear REALLY what you hold dear? I could talk the talk before and be very convincing. But not till I was teaching my kids and reinforcing our values to them and helping them cope in the real world did I realize how important it is for us to be strong and vigilant. I began to realize how important my values where to me. How strongly I really felt about outside forces teaching wrong values to MY family.

Suddenly I understood the drive that the Prophets in the scriptures had in standing up for what is right. Even if it meant not being popular, being portrayed as the bad guy, or even cast out. It is so hard to be true to your beliefs and who you are when everyone (and I do mean everyone) is against you. Leaders, "friends", neighbors, schools, you name it. Standing up and saying "this is wrong and not acceptable" is a hard thing to do. It is a lonely thing to do.

You are doing a great job! Keep it up! I look up to a lot of you and the example you are. Call someone today and tell them you think they are doing a great job and you care.

1 comment:

  1. very good post and reminder! love that you have had a rockin' good summer! ;) woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

viewers